About Jewish Family Services
Since 1978, JFS SV has changed the lives of people throughout our community. Our staff of seasoned professionals are experts in their respective fields. JFS SV programs are available to members of the general community without regard to race, religion, ethnicity or ability to pay.
You can learn more about our service to the community by exploring this website, receiving our newsletters, watching our video, attending our events, and volunteering to help.
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley helps members of our community successfully meet the challenges of daily life by providing quality human services.
Jewish Family Services will ensure that children, adults, and families in our community have access to affordable and meaningful professional services. Everyone will be treated with dignity and respect. JFS SV will provide a broad range of social services to help people thrive. The agency’s programs will be available without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, or ability to pay.
JFS SV Board and staff are committed to the following core values:
- Jewish traditions of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community
- Social work ethics of responsive, caring, and skilled professional service
- Collaboration with supporters, volunteers, and other community agencies
- Responsiveness to the changing needs of people served
- Fiscally responsible management
- Continuously striving to be a valued resource in our community.
Our Strategic Goals and Objectives
Educate our community about JFS services.
- Increase the visibility and public exposure of JFS SV .
- Continue to inform stakeholders about JFS SV programs and services.
- Increase the number of households in the JFS SV service region receiving JFS SV communications.
Broaden financial support for JFS.
- Build upon and expand donor development programs.
- Identify and secure funds from corporate, foundation, and government grants and contracts.
- Schedule fundraising events that appeal to diverse demographic groups.
- Identify new areas of financial support.
Develop and implement a program mix that fulfills the JFS SV mission and is consistent with its values.
- Provide emergency as well as other services to individuals and families facing personal difficulties and adverse economic conditions.
- Continue to develop programs and services for young adults, youth and children.
- Develop programs and services for an aging population.
- Continue to provide refugee resettlement and vocational services.
Provide appropriate support and infrastructure for JFS SV programs.
- Strengthen the Board through recruitment, training, and development.
- Ensure that there is adequate financial and other support available to meet JFS SV commitments and staffing.
- Offer JFS SV services both on and off site.
- Participate in community events and collaborate with trusted professionals and agencies providing support to constituencies served by JFS.
- Continue to develop and broaden the JFS SV volunteer community.