Project N.O.A.H Safety Net Services
JFS SV’s food assistance and crisis services have quadrupled over the past few years. We provide these services to more than 1000 people under our Project N.O.A.H. (No One Abandoned Here) program.
Project N.O.A.H. provides a safety net of case management, counseling, advocacy and assistance during crises or otherwise urgent situations. For some JFS clients, their need comes in the form of a life crisis; for others, there are ongoing challenges.
Our clients include lower income families and individuals, who are in crisis or facing ongoing challenges.
Following a professional assessment for the individual or family, clients may receive limited assistance to pay for food, utilities, clothes, and small household items. We also offer supportive counseling and case management as needed.
JFS SV staff advocate for, and connect our clients to, agencies in the community that provide assistance with housing, medical, in-home support, and educational resources.
If you are in need of support and the kind of assistance JFS SV provides, please contact:
Lizi Oceransky, MA, CPCC, PCC
Project N.O.A.H. Coordinator
Programs of Project N.O.A.H.
- Project N.O.A.H. Food Assistance Program: Year-round and holiday food packages, Shabbat Meal Program, and supermarket scrip.
- Feinstein Foundation partners with JFS to "end hunger."
- Big-Hearted Birthdays: celebrate the good things in your own life by giving a much needed gift card, to a local gas station or grocery store, to one of the needy families JFS SV serves.
- "Double Donation" Opportunity: Jewish Family Services is working in collaboration with Yavneh Day School to provide gift cards to help families in need. What a lovely way to make your generosity count twice -- to benefit two very important Jewish organizations in our community! We're making it especially easy for you to participate in this program. Just click here for a donation form.
- Embrace-A-Family Hanukkah Gift Program: Each year at Hanukkah, we conduct a toy and gift drive that brings smiles to hundreds of children and adults in our community.
- Passover Food Drive: During the month before Passover, our community helps feed hundreds of people for Passover. More info . . .
Each of these programs offers wonderfully satisfying ways to volunteer your services to help. For details on how you can help, please click here.